Wednesday 14 August 2013

The Marmara' Family - 'Why don't I try to do my part?'

SAVERICK MARMARA' 13YRS OLD FROM M'SCALA - STUDENT AT DE LA SALLE COLLEGE.

Saverick Marmara'
It wasn't at all my wish or desire to go to do voluntary work abroad especially that much far away. I'm still very young to even think about it.

But after my father and older brother went to do missionary work and said it leaves behind a great incredible impact,I thought a lot about it.

By coincidence,an opportunity to be a volunteer arrived and I accepted it whole heatedly.

I always wanted to do something different in life and I hope that with this experience my aim will come true.

Hoping that I made the right decision and like the other members of my family will go for more experiences another time.


KURSTEN MARMARA' 15YRS OLD FROM M'SCALA - STUDENT AT DE LA SALLE COLLEGE

Kursten Marmara'
From early childhood I used to dream to go for missionary work. After the experience I had last scholastic year, when I went for a mission in Palermo with my schoolmates,another one arose this time at Embu in Kenya,quite far away.

But this time it's different because with my whole family not with my friends, for a long period of time and in a completely different culture and country.

Hoping that the goodness carried out during this period of time,with its bad and good experiences,will be recognized in my future.






MARGARET MARMARA' FROM M'SCALA - HOUSEWIFE

Margaret Marmara'
After two members of my family have already been to a mission,they touched my feelings and asked myself  'Why don't I try to do my part?'

And there it came the opportunity,when one day Fr Colin mentioned his intention of this year to go to Kenya to do mission work. Still it wasn't easy to say yes because to go so far away without knowing what to find, it makes you think twice.

But with all this and with more thinking and talks with all the members of my family, we all asked one another why don't we go for it so that to help others who're in need.

So finally,all is set and done and agreed to go to do missionary work. I hope it will touch my heart and appreciate more the life and above all will teach me a lesson to treasure it all my life.



CHARLES MARMARA' FROM M'SCALA - BUILDING CONTRACTOR

Charles Marmara'
I've already been for a missionary work three years ago and know what the effect it leaves behind..

It was an experience that made me discuss it with all members of my family. I spoke to my wife and two kids what feelings I've got to go again and do my part but this time not alone but instead all together. Although they accepted and feel quite happy with this decision,still on the other side I'm responsible to take a lot of risks on this situation. The boys are young,they're only 15 and 13 but I wish to show them that in life there's things that you cannot buy them although you've got money in your pocket, but one have to experience them and live them in reality.

As the head of the family, I wish to pass on a suggestion that one think about it and make an effort to go for a mission because afterwards you appreciate more life and above all the ones you love and the ones around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment