Sunday 28 July 2013

My motivation: Daniela

Daniela Smith

I am a 27 year old female, currently working as a staff nurse at St James Hospital in Sliema. As a nurse for the past 4 years, I am fulfilling my dreams by using my nursing skills to help the sick and make a difference in people’s lives. As far back as I can remember, from a very young age, I have always wanted to fulfil one of my dreams/wishes; that is to travel to a less fortunate country and carry out voluntary work amongst children and adults. My main aim as a voluntary missionary worker in Africa will definitely be to continue using my skills amongst the sick, helping others face everyday challenges and most of all to hopefully leave an impact in the lives of others by leaving a smile on their face. I am not expecting a comfortable and easy environment but I am prepared for hard work; which will give me an insight into how these people live and what sacrifices they have to make to get through their everyday life. I am hoping that this will be a life long experience for me, helping me appreciate my life and the people around me, teaching me humility as well as giving me a good idea of how the rest of the world goes through their daily live without the everyday comforts that most people take for granted. Last but not least, I am prepared to give my utmost, making this experience a one to remember; both for me, as well as for all the people I meet, who I know will definitely touch my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment